Monday, April 26, 2010

What I loved about Treme' Episode 3 - Right Place, Wrong Time

Actor of the week - Steve Zahn kills this episode. He's swiftly becoming my personal hero of the show.

- Steve Zahn's references to Drive Thru Daiquiris and Go-Cups reminds me of Chris Fontana
- Steve Zahn's references to Professor Longhair. My uncle Chuck McCarron did sound for Fess, so this is very close to my heart
- The references to the creole 7th ward were so close to home
- Lorenzo when he says to Big Chief, "What if they cancel carnival?" and the Chief says, "Where you think you at son, Arizona?!"
- Seeing @Vanessa Dimitropoulos with a Dr. John song playing in the background at Bacchanal where I used to screen shorts
- Dr. John the Night Tripper jamming in the studio alongside Shorty and others representing and using the local lingo saying things like "cop an attitude" and "let's do this sucka" and his references to Monk, Tutti, the Wild Magnolias, the Yellow Pocahontas, and more
- local actor Louis Herthum playing a cop
- Wendell's drunken musician walk couldn't have been played better - - alongside Lucia Micarelli on Royal St. near The Rib Room and then getting beat up on by the NOPD. so true.
- John Goodman's daughter youtube'ing about how many days she is going to have to spend in Baton Rouge - made me feel the pain of being stuck in Hammond for 2 months after Katrina
- Steve Zahn's references to Shannon Powell, Nicholas Payton, and Jesse Hill and saying "You live in the Treme' now, deal with it!" and "I've got strippers movin' in my neighborhood"
- That Music scene balcony with Lucia Micarelli - - view of the JAX brewery was AMAZING!!! Where is that?!!?!
- The scene at Feelings Cafe', one of my fav. haunts, last time I was in NOLA I ate there with Ashley
- John Goodman's quote "I love it so much, I often shave before I do it" in reference to teaching
- Steve Zahn, wearing a Dirty Coast Fess Shirt, and saying "Forget every thing you've been told about Jesus, Buddha, Allah, there's only God, and his name is Professor Longhair" to Goodman's daughter. Fantastic.
- The Katrina Tours in the 9th ward - Exploitative, ridiculous, and insulting. And the change of heart played by local talent Lawrence Beron was great as the driver when he realized how wrong what he's being a part of is...
- Loved the soundtrack of the whole episode. Wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment